On occasion, MSHIP’s design team will invite students studying naval architecture to join the company for an internship program. During two recent intervals, Webb Institute student Andrew Lachtman joined our team, and contributed greatly towards the development of MSHIP’s Rapid Empirical Innovation (REI) open-water test platform.
A few short months thereafter – and with MSHIP team pedigree under his wings – Andrew proudly graduated from Webb Institute, while receiving several noteworthy academic honors:
- J. Lewis Luckenbach Memorial Prize for the highest grade average over Webb’s general four year curriculum
- SeaRiver Maritime Award for excellence in engineering design
- Charles A. Ward Memorial Award for the highest average in Webb’s naval architecture curriculum
- Keeler Memorial Prize for the highest average in Webb’s mathematics curriculum
- American Bureau of Shipping Prize for the highest junior and senior year grade average
The entire MSHIP office team would like to congratulate Andrew on these honors, and thank him for his helpful contributions to our REI program.